Image Map

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Favorite Things Linky: Gettin’ Fit


Favorite Graphic
Happy Thursday!

I am officially on Summer Break!  Can you believe with the exception of this linky I haven’t so much as looked at my blog, or anyone else's, for about a month?  I was just so tired and busy the last month or so of the school-year I couldn’t even muster up the energy to turn my laptop on.  Suffice to say, I have some major catching up to do over the next few days!

This week’s Favorite Things topic is Gettin’ Fit.

Now I must admit, I am not the most fit person there is {not even close}!!  I would say I am a “moderate exerciser”, but that there’s definitely room for improvement when it comes to getting my fit on.  I am so anxious to read your posts on this topic to get me inspired and excited about getting in shape!

Without further ado, here is Halle’s guide to being moderately fit:
Getting Fit Collage

Yoga, Zumba, and Hiking are the 3 main ways I get exercise in {if you don’t count brisk walks with Georgie}.  I love yoga because I feel the effects immediately.  I have less neck pain and it definitely helps with stress management.  I’m not getting my sweat on, but the overall effect of yoga is awesome for me.

Now, if I want to get my sweat on, Zumba is the place for me.  I love it because it goes by really fast, and I’m drenched in sweat almost the whole time.  I used to take classes regularly, now I just take them here and there. I need to get back into it!

I love to hike.  We go to Asheville, North Carolina every summer and hike the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Definitely a work out, but the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.  Plus, I love the feeling of accomplishment you get when you reach the top of the mountain.  Hiking in New Jersey is a little less strenuous and a little less breathtaking, but still something I love to do.


Slide4

Obviously water.  If I get overheated I get a nasty headache.  Water definitely keeps those headaches at bay.


Slide5

Anything cropped really…yoga capris or shorts.  I can’t stand long toga pants for exercising, even in the dead of winter!

Slide6

Music is a must for me for almost everything, and working out is no exception.  Gotta stay motivated!

And there you have my “Getting’ Fit” Favorites!

~Halle

What are your “Getting’ Fit Favorites?”

Link Up Below…Just Be Sure to…
1} Use the pink linky button above
2} Link back here with your specific blog post {not your general blog URL}
3} Come back and find a few new, or favorite blogs, and stop by and see their favorite things and leave a sweet comment or two!  Everyone loves a comment! {Me too…hint, hint}

Check out the schedule below for upcoming “Favorite Topics”:

Favorite Things Linky Schedule

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Halle for another linky. It's a topic I can totally handle. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that you liked to hike! That's so cool!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great linky idea and thanks for the schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this linky! I'm totally joining in a little late, but I LOVE this! I can't wait for the next few weeks.

    Also, I looooove this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Are you writing a comment? Yay! I love reading them!